Cultivating a love for reading
Strategies for creating a literacy-rich home environment - free one hour workshop
Cultivating a love of reading: strategies for creating a literacy-rich home environment
21 March 2024 | 1.00pm-2.00pm | Online
Embark on a literacy journey with our free one-hour workshop, designed to empower parents and caregivers in fostering a love for reading within the family. Uncover the tips to creating a captivating and literacy-rich home environment that will inspire a lifelong love for books.
The workshop provides attendees with:
- an understanding of effective strategies for fostering a love for reading within the family setting
- practical skills in creating a captivating and literacy-rich home environment, learning specific tips and techniques to engage children in meaningful reading experiences.
- knowledge and tools to instill a lifelong love for books in children, fostering a positive and enriching reading culture within the family
- applicable insights and strategies for your day-to-day interactions with children, promoting a literacy journey at home and nurturing a love for reading that extends beyond the workshop duration.
Who will benefit from attending?
This workshop is ideal for family learning professionals and colleagues working with families to support and promote a love of reading including those who work in:
- adult and community education
- arts organisations
- early years
- further education
- health settings
- heritage venues
- local authorities
- museums and galleries
This workshop will be delivered by Stacy Mann, Campaign for Learning's Senior Adviser for Families, Early Years and Childcare.
How to book
This workshop is free for members of the National Centre for Family Learning, which is free to join. Please note if you already have an account on the Campaign for Learning's website, you will need to email us on [email protected] to be activated as a member of the National Centre for Family Learning.
Registration not available.