Building stronger foundations: the importance of early childhood education in family learning
12 June 2024 | 4.00pm-6.00pm | Online
In this engaging two-hour session participants will delve into the pivotal role early childhood education (ECE) plays in shaping lifelong learning within the family context.
Through insightful discussions and interactive activities, practitioners will gain a profound understanding of key developmental milestones in early childhood, the influence of positive parental involvement, and practical strategies for creating an enriching learning environment at home.
Emphasising the significance of play, literacy, and numeracy activities, this session equips practitioners with tangible tools to foster cognitive and social development. Additionally, the session addresses common challenges in family learning, empowering practitioners to embark on a journey of building strong educational foundations for the parents and carers they are working with.
The workshop provides attendees with:
- an understanding of early childhood developmental milestones
- an understanding of the crucial role of positive parental involvement in fostering cognitive and social growth
- practical strategies for creating engaging learning environments at home, emphasising the importance of play, literacy, and numeracy activities in supporting children's holistic development
- understanding and increased confidence to address challenges effectively, enabling you to support parents and caregivers in establishing robust educational foundations for their children.
Who will benefit from attending?
This workshop is ideal for family learning professionals and colleagues working with families to support learning in the early years including those who work in:
- adult and community education
- arts organisations
- early years
- further education
- health settings
- heritage venues
- local authorities
- museums and galleries
This online workshop will be delivered by Stacy Mann, Senior Adviser for Families, Early Years and Childcare at Campaign for Learning.
Early Bird £40+VAT (until 22 March 2024)
Standard Ticket £50+VAT (23 March 2024 onwards)
National Centre for Family Learning members - 10% discount applied to earlybird and standard tickets when you book. You can join the Centre for free.
Please note if you already have an account on the Campaign for Learning's website, you will need to email us on [email protected] to be activated as a member of the National Centre for Family Learning.
How to book
Please sign in or register below to book