Mindful parenting: incorporating mindfulness practices into family learning
10 April 2024 | 4.00pm-6.00pm | Online
The session delves into the principles of mindful parenting, emphasising the importance of cultivating awareness, compassion, and presence in daily interactions with children.
Participants will be introduced to practical mindfulness exercises tailored for families, promoting emotional resilience, effective communication, and stress reduction.
Through insightful discussions and hands-on activities, practitioners will gain valuable tools to guide parents in integrating mindfulness into their parenting journey, fostering a supportive and harmonious family environment that nurtures both the child's development and the well-being of the entire family. This session aims to equip practitioners with the skills to empower parents in creating mindful, fulfilling, and connected family learning experiences.?
The workshop provides attendees with:
- an understanding of mindful parenting principles including the core concepts of awareness, compassion and presence, and their transformative impact on family dynamics and learning experiences
- knowledge of how parents can apply mindfulness principles in their daily interactions with children, fostering a more conscious and present parenting approach that enhances communication, understanding, and connection within the family
- a range of practical mindfulness exercises specifically tailored for families. These exercises aim to promote emotional resilience, effective communication, and stress reduction, offering tangible tools that participants can incorporate into their family routines
- insights and skills to promote emotional resilience and stress reduction within the family unit through mindfulness practices, contributing to a healthier and more harmonious family environment.
Who will benefit from attending?
This workshop is ideal for family learning professionals and colleagues working with families to support learning including those who work in:
- adult and community education
- arts organisations
- early years
- further education
- health settings
- heritage venues
- local authorities
- museums and galleries
This online workshop will be delivered by Stacy Mann, Senior Adviser for Families, Early Years and Childcare at Campaign for Learning.
Early Bird £40+VAT (until 10 March 2024)
Standard Ticket £50+VAT (11 March 2024 onwards)
National Centre for Family Learning members - 10% discount applied to earlybird and standard tickets when you book. You can join the Centre for free.
Please note if you already have an account on the Campaign for Learning's website, you will need to email us on [email protected] to be activated as a member of the National Centre for Family Learning.
How to book
Please sign in or register below to book