Big Impact Project
The Big Lottery is funding The Big Impact for three years through its BASIS (Building and Sustaining Infrastructure Support) programme. The project brings together considerable expertise in the field of family learning from the Campaign for Learning (CfL), NIACE and ContinYou.
The Big Impact provides support services across the whole of England for family learning practitioners. This includes support for:
- all the voluntary and community sector organisations that are delivering projects funded through the Big Lottery Family Learning Fund and their partners;
- organisations working with families to deliver children’s services;
- organisations promoting community cohesion through regeneration;
- organisations using a family approach to health improvement;
- Local Authorities working in partnership with the voluntary and community sector organisations.
The project aims to improve the quality of support for family learning practitioners by developing and improving training materials, sharing best practice and introducing a mentoring scheme. It will also improve skills associated with sustainable funding for voluntary and community sector organisations, as well as support the Network to lobby policy makers and statutory bodies to improve the profile of the sector.
Organisations can be kept informed of developments in The Big Impact project by becoming members of the Network. To register visit: www.familylearningnetwork.com/